(click to enlarge)
Although there are many places to go in Bariloche to dine, the following is what we recommend:
Restaurants, Bars and Other Useful Information: The map above shows where the restaurants are in relation to the Bariloche ATAC Condo - the little house icon in the middle. The letters refer to the locations.
- a)Alberto’s Pastas: Only great pasta. Expect a line out the door. Call to get your name on a list: Elflein 163, Tel. 2944 431 084.
- b) Antares Microbrewery / Bar / Restaurant: Offers 8 or so microbrewed flavors as well as sandwiches & other fare. Serves food until midnight. Elflein 47, Tel. 431 454.
- c) Kandahar International Restaurant: Located at the base of Bariloche's Jardin Botanico, the
comfortable and cozy ambience as seen from the street will draw you inside. Kandahar provides excellent service as well as creative national cuisine. There is a small lounge/waiting room/bar that is great to hang out in prior to and after the meal (smoking allowed only in the bar). Reservations are recommended. Call to make reservations. Great ambience and international / local cuisine. Dinner only. 20 de Febrero 698, Tel. 2944 424 702.
- d) Vegetariano Restaurant: The only vegetarian restaurant in town makes the choices as simple as possible by offering only one soup, one salad and the main course has option of with or without trout (not entirely vegetarian). The restaurant itself is a converted house-to-restaurant. Reservations are recommended but not necessary. 20 de Febrero 730, Tel. 2944 421 820.
- e) Map Room Irish Pub and Restaurant: Full restaurant and / bar. Downstairs seating available. Serves food until 12:30 PM. Urquiza 248, Tel. 2944 456 856.
- f) Jauja Ice cream: Just the best ice cream in the South. Open late. Moreno 18.
- g) Antigua Café: The best coffee in Argentina. People come from all over to buy grounds. They also serve food and coffee. Moreno.
- j) SouthBar: The local dive bar. Sometimes packed with a younger crowd. Juramento St.
- k) 23 Sillas: Breakfast spot. Great food, but can have a long wait. Open at 8:00 AM. 20 de Febrero.
- l) Naan Restaurant: Great local ambience with views overlooking Bariloche and the lake. Dinner only. Reservations necessary. This restaurant hides in the middle of Belgrano's residencial area - on a side street that you would never even consider to have a restaurant. Only a small awning with the name over the front window hints that you have arrived to one of the best restaurants in Bariloche. Naan serves excellent international cuisine with views overlooking Bariloche and Lago Nahuel Haupi. The restaurant has a particularly at-home or your friends house feel to it. The hosts are very welcoming and friendly. Non-smoking only. Reservations are recommended.Campichuelo 568, Tel. 2944 421 785.
- m) Roxy Bar/Club: Club like atmosphere that packs after 1:00 AM in high season and weekends. San Martin.
- n) Wilkenny Bar: Bar atmosphere that packs after 1:00 AM in high season and weekends. San Martin.
- Q & R) Alberto’s Steak Houses: Best meat that this country has to offer. I've been going there for years and it is the only place I've been where the quality of beef is always perfect and always cooked to perfection. Argentina is the 'beef nation', thus you can't go without eating some. Smoking and non-smoking seating. There are no reservations for Alberto's, but they do allow you to add yourself onto the waiting list via telephone. Order a Bife de Lomo (filet). There are two to choose from. One on Villegas and the other on Elflein. There is always a line at both in high season. Call to put your name on the list. Smoking and non-smoking sections available. Villegas 347, Tel. 2944 431 433 and Elflein 158, Tel. 2944 434 564.
Although not on the map, the following are recommended restaurants out of town:
This classy wood cabin/castle converted-to-restaurant perched on the shore of Lago Gutierrez has excellent service and prime international and national cuisine. The 20 minute drive from the center of town is well worth it. The views are also spectacular. Reservations are recommended.
Notes: Some restaurants close for their own vacations, Sundays or Mondays. Best to call to be sure. Generally, lunch is between 12:30 and 3:00 and dinner 8:00 to 11:00 or 12:00
Other Useful Places Noted on the Map:
- - Large i - Tourist Information
- h) Banco Galicia w/ ATM Machine
- o) Banco Sud America Cash Exchange house
- i) La Colina Vegetable Market
- p) Airesur Bicycle Rental: Villegas 460, Tel. 2944 522 135.